I celebrated turning 37 on the 28th April !!! Happy birthday to meee! Before Covid I had this idea that I would do lunch with my family and close friends and call the gathering a birthday party, something I have never had in my life. Alas COVID happened but I still had the best day of my life.
A beautiful story was told by @chrystalhurst about how her late mom showed up for them as kids and through to adulthood . One of the things she did was come up with this idea that on each person’s birthday, she will be serving you your favorite meal on this “special” plate .
This idea resonated so much with me that I even introduced to my family 😄😄😄.As someone who has been celebrating her birthday for the last twenty years only , I am learning each day how important celebration is especially that I have kids. Having unique family traditions is something that I value and this one is staying !!!✅✅
The girls are so excited and looking forward to their birthdays and I think this new tradition will help us thrive on being grateful for one another. #stayhomesa #birthdaycelebratrion #newtradition
So here’s to many years of celebration and adjusting to life as moments present themselves to us !!!
What made this day special ??
- KG cut my hair !!!! And he had never cut anyone’s hair in the past so this meant a lot to me . I am so grateful for this moment
- Cooking for the family and just being intentional about my day was quite special and that everyone acknowledged it wa super special for me
- That everyone agreed and adopted the special plate was super special on its own . Damn the excitement from my kids was out this this world hey
- I got a cash gift from kg – listen 👂🏽 I am riiiiiccchh 😆😆😆
- Kg giving me a photoshoot with excitement and so much energy. Honestly this was his best show up moment and kudos to my husband people ! He outdid himself , I changed into 3 outfits in a space of 45 minutes 😃and he was so hyped up about it all!
- Kg was the dj for the evening and the mood was perfect
- My friend and family wishing me well and my best friend T sent me cash 💰 I can’t wait to spoil myself !
- I baked my own cheesecake for the first time – like helooo
- I just know that this was by far my best birthday celebration ever
In that way , I say I am grateful that I was with my family in this special day. I have grown to love celebrating birthdays thanks to Kg and my friends .
Can’t wait for the after Covid shenanigans 🤣