Our girls are back!
It’s such a wonderful experience to walk the journey of parenthood
Three weeks later , we fetched our babies from home.
The expression they had on our arrival was riveting 😆😆😆 Katli couldn’t believe it, she even cried … Kgao also, they sprung onto us and held on even as I sat down, they sat on my lap for over an hour. It was beautiful
We had braai the next day, sat around the fire, Katlego took pictures and it was great fun
We are now back home and managing to deal with the sunburnt skin 😂😂😂😂
It’s been one week since their return and I can say I appreciate the time we had apart . I’m learning that they have grown a lot. I see the independence I was expecting, Kgaogelo’s crying and stunts have significantly reduced. We also introduced sleeping outside our bedroom and so far we are winning 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿this is our greatest achievement from this whole experience
Our helper is back from six weeks of sick leave, there are no words to explain how grateful we are to have a consistent person for four years
She’s been a great help to our family, such that we were not ready to open up to someone new. Instead we were going to take Kgaogelo to creche had our helper not returned.So for her to be back with us means a whole lot to us
Here’s a few takeaways from this experience
1. It helped KG and I reminisce on US
2. It was our very first experience in four years of being alone for such a long time
3. We thought we were going to die , we didn’t just survive, we thrived!!
4. Our relationship was definitely revived
5. We are even more connected now, this affirmed to me how great we are as individuals committed to our love our lives and our family
6. Now that we know we are courageous and no doubt will do it more often
7. It allowed the kids to understand our background and where KG was born
8. Grandparents were elated, grandparents were affirmed by our love and recognition of their role in our lives
9. I am sure it teaches our kids some sort of resilience, that even if mom dad leave us, it’s for a while, we are okay and we will see them again
10. I do see that the time away from school requires additional adjustments from Katlego. This week was very tough for her , I hope next week will be better and perhaps three weeks was too long for a mid year recess. Nonetheless she will be okay